Dude, I’m actually coming a Frome-ways cos my momma-lady has to pick up some stuff from her office- fancy showing me that wool shop/getting some kind of horrific caffeine fix?
blog - so Fruit Ninja owns my life.
I sortof wished Chaucer had died just maybe fifty or so years earlier.
Regardless, the fact that there is a tumblr dedicated to Asians asleep in the library is just wonderful.
If a little creepy.
Fookin snowed today.
HOME AND BATHLAND TOMORROW.
- Sir T was steaming before we even arrived; he’d downed two hip-flasks of whiskey at the student union EGM beforehand and was doing gibbon impressions as Lord F and I rolled up. GOOD LAD.
- Lord F texted me at half past five as we was coming back from uni; ‘We have to leave in an hour and a half. Commence you girly shit.’
- ‘Girly shit’ consisted of attempting to imitate via youtube tutorial ‘Bella Swan’s prom hair’. Which of course ended up in lots of tight ringlets which I ended up half bundling up at the back of my head and randomly shoving pins into.
- Dinner was good; Woody (our coach) sat on my table and we discussed how military the Senior training camp sounded like, and the girls collectively moved all our leftover food to Lord F’s plate.
- Korean rules for pudding; standard.
- Lash-cakes was epic. It all got a bit homosocial quite quickly - I think I blinked and suddenly all the guys had their shirts off. Which was fine, good, etc but it all got a bit bromancey - guys were basically shoving the girls aside like, ‘WOMAN. DO NOT COME BETWEEN ME AND MY MEN.’
- The Macarena. it was like being in Germany all over again.
- Sir T tried to steal a Christmas tree, destroyed Lord F’s dress shirt, danced topless on a table, nearly got man-raped and had to re-assert his masculinity in a cupboard with his girlfriend, and tipexed ‘UCLBC’ on to the road outside.
- Henry and Artiom’s birthday it was, presented with a chocolate cake they were. Smothered, covered, coated, and generally caked in it everyone was later. I distinctly heard one of the guys say ‘it’s looks like I’ve been fisting someone and pulled out too enthusiastically.’ Henry made sure I didn’t miss out on the fun by dragging some down my face.
- LOTS AND LOTS OF DANCING. Sir T and Dom, off their faces, made a very dangerous force to be reckoned with.
- Many people went home as casualties in taxis.
- After being summarily kicked out of the Holiday Inn (and I doubt we’ll be allowed back), we walked to Ronnie Scott’s. Sir T vandalised a public telephone box, finding an umbrella, random circuit boards, and some wire. He thought he was in Spooks.
- I discovered that walking barefoot on Oxford Street in Decemeber is pretty fucking cold.
- Ronnie Scott’s was the perfect end to the night. As we watched some jazz singer in what I swear were his pyjama bottoms, I giggled and pointed out to Henry that’s it’s not everyone who can say they they’ve been in one of the world’s biggest jazz clubs with chocolate cake and sweat slowly trickling out of one ear.
Hungover, with nil sleep, what did we do this morning? We went to the Zoo. For free. Photos to follow.
But seriously. Everyone out there who hasn’t read the ‘Night Watch/Nochnoi Dozor’ trilogy by Sergei Lukyanenko - you’re missing a treat. Absolutely wipes the floor with Meyer, and even Rowling, if I dare say it in a public forum.
Still got soaked to the skin. Was so cold nearly passed out when was debreifed by the coach, and apparently - I have no idea why - my lips were caked in blood. My hands still haven’t recovered.
The moral of this tale? Fucking BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHES.
What an utterly stupid sport this is. *g*
I am wearing:
Thermal t-shirt, long sleeved t-shirt, jumper, UCL rugby shirt, another jumper, UCLBC spalsh jacket. Considering putting another jumper on.
Two pairs of normal socks, pair of tights, leggings, another pair of leggings, a pair of thicker leggings, random black trousers, thick aircrew socks from the RAF, plus waterproof trousers.
+ gloves, wellies, hand-knitted headband with skull and crossbones for extra initimidation.
This is not sufficient to winter weather. Bitch will still be freezing.
Unrelatedly, I love when you discover new amazing music through fanmixes. Currently digging Band of Skulls and Mimicking Birds. Amost enough to make me watch DS9 again.
Def not letting him in. So not up for a random house invasion right nao.
I have today’s motivational rowing call;
“DO YOU WANT YOUR CHILDREN TO SING THE MARSEILLES? NO? THEN ROW HARDER!”
It’s going to be fucking. freezing. on that river today.
V high on coffee right nao.