And my room is amaaaazing. Will be posting photos soon. Most kickass of all is the incredibly hot London weather combined with our bomb-ass balcony. Yippee!
Nothing like a big hunk of broken nose handsome to blow away some of the stress blues.
Applying to every. single. law firm in London and the country (basically). Starting with, um, the number one law firm in the country? That moment when, etc.
Strange day today. Good things: Picked up EPIC sale discounted items at Urban Outfitters, all 50% OR MORE off. Then stude discount. Boom to the shank. Bad things: Lots and lots of paperwork…and Daniel Craig wearing chaps, riding a horse and shooting laz0rs.
- It is STUPIDLY CENTRAL.
- floor ginger; I’m talking about five mins walking from Regent’s Park.
- three minutes walking from uni.
- New, NON-GHETTO building. Second floor. Porter. Posh lift.
- We EACH have double bedrooms.
- The frenchies’ bedroom has an EN-SUITE. So we have TWO FRICKIN’ BATHROOMS (although I have to share with a smelly boy :P).
- The lounge/diner/kitchen is all open plan and is all modern and lovely. Particularly as there’s a huuuuge french window type affair opening onto our mini corner balcony. So it gets to be all airy and lovely like our last living room.
- IT HAS A FUCKING BOMB-ASS DISHWASHER. A. FUCKING. DISH. WASHER.
- We beat out a shit-ton of offers. We did have to squeeze up our budget slightly, but hardly in comparison to the bomb-ass-ness of the flat.
- And when I say we, I mean me. Lord F is laid up in Cambridge after jumping off a fucking cliff in Zambia (don’t worry, he only broke his foot. I’m calling him Lord Lemming-Lum), and the Frenchies are in Frenchielicious land. So got my first taste of uber negotiation (landlord tried to push us up to paying every six months. Fuck that shit) and sticking to mah guns, and it was boring and stressful and exciting and even a bit like being a spy (after lightning viewing had to hide behind the building from other viewing parties while I hastily got our offer in to the Estate Agent).
YAAAAAAAAY. Paperwork negotiation is still continuing, but can breathe at last!! And get on with the hundred other thousand fucking things, almost all of which involve paperwork.